I haven’t been on here for a bit, because for some reason, my computer wouldn’t let me into my blog.  I was able to see others but when it came to mine, it said it wasn’t responding.  I have no idea what that was about.  I was kinda shocked when I tried it today & it let me in.
I just got through watching 2 episodes of “American Horror Story.”  Have any of you seen that??  Now that is one creepy ass show!  Don’t get me wrong, I like it, but damn.  I still don’t feel right. LOL  I have so many TV shows on Netflix that I want to watch.  I have a notebook that I put them in, so I know what episodes I have seen already.  Yes I know that Netflix lets you know that as well, but it’s just something I like to do.  Make lists or whatever.  I have no idea why.  Just makes me feel like I’m accomplishing something, I guess.
I house/pet sat for some friends who live about an hour away from me last weekend.  I usually love going over there, getting away. They have a big house in the middle of nowhere basically..which can be a bit creepy at night.  But I was excited, because their TV runs off of wifi now & they have Netflix AND Hulu.  Hulu…there are so many other TV shows that I want to see on there.  I had planned on binge watching for the weekend, plus doing some genealogy stuff on my computer.  Before I left, I had done something that I had never done before..dropped my cell phone in the toilet!:(  I wasn’t too happy about that.  My niece put it in rice for me & I just took it with me.  So I get over there & am just chilling out.  I go to the restroom around 9:30 p.m., come back out and NOTHING is working.  Not the TV, not my computer, not their land line, I’m getting no internet on my phone either (it was a bit better after being in the rice), and hardly any reception.  I figured it was because of the wind or something as it was blowing pretty hard at the time.  So I get up the next day…and still nothing.  I managed to get a few text messages out to my friend I was housesitting for.  Her husband calls the TV place & they said it looked like there was a cable unplugged.  I was like “OK I have no idea how that would’ve happened, but I will try to figure it out.”  I’m not very smart when it comes to things like that, but I unplugged everything (making sure I knew where everything plugged back into).  That didn’t work.  She said that usually does it.  I told her it was OK, that I would just try to figure it out.  Well I didn’t.  Talk about being too damn quiet!!  Just me & the dogs.  I was bored out of my mind.  I had brought a book, so I read a bit, wrote a letter (which I haven’t done in forever), slept some.  I had no idea what to do with myself.  You don’t realize how much you depend on technology until you have nothing like that!! lol  So it gets dark…and it gets really dark out there.  They don’t have curtains on all of the windows.  Someone would be able to see me, but I wouldn’t be able to see them.  Needless to say, I was freaking myself out.  If you have ever seen the movie “Hush,” you would understand my fear. That movie kept running thru my head.  I wouldn’t be able to contact anyone if something DID happen.  The dogs are great, but they aren’t exactly protectors, even though they are bigger. Just talk nice to them & they’re you’re friends  So I just sat on the couch (out of the view of the windows!) lol & found a solitaire game on my computer that you didn’t need wifi for.  Played that for awhile.  I looked around & found a few DVD’s.  I watched “The Way Way Back” on my computer.  Had never even heard of the movie before, but it was awesome!!  I recommend watching it.  Then went to bed & hoped I wasn’t killed before I left the next day. I figured I had somehow messed something up or broken something.  But I talked to them the next day (well texted) & she said that they couldn’t get it to work either & that some technicians were going to go out the next day (which was yesterday) to see if they could figure it out.  I haven’t talked to her yet today to find out if it’s fixed.  She had to drive 6 miles into town to post that info. on FB. lol  Who knows when I will house/pet sit for them again, but hopefully next time, everything will work!
My youngest, Matthew had a football  game Saturday  in a town a couple of hours from here (in another direction from me).  I was worried about him, because neither his dad nor I could go.  Well it turns out that he got hit pretty hard & he wasn’t feeling great.  I took him to the doctor on Monday morning & found that he had a mild concussion.:(  She said that he needed to rest & not play football or even practice, until she cleared him to do so.  He sees her again next Monday.  They only have 3 more games & only one that’s after Monday…so his season is pretty much over.  He loves football (this is his first year), & he was bummed.  He’s able to GO to practices & watch, but that’s it.  The coaches were cool enough that they said he could go with them to the away game this weekend & just watch. I think what he was even more upset about was when the doctor told him that he couldn’t watch TV or play videogames for a couple of days!!  You should have seen his face!! lol  He lives for YouTube.  Also for his games.  But he did really well on Monday.  She said that he could read if he wanted to, so he finally finished a book he had been reading.  He’s not much of a reader, so was proud of him.  He missed yesterday as well, because he was still feeling a bit crappy.  He’s back in school today though.  Homecoming is this weekend  Though that’s mostly for the high schoolers, there is a parade after school today that he gets to be in (riding a float for the football players) & there is a bonfire tonight that he wants to go to.  It’s pretty much right across the road from our apt. building, so that’s cool.  They don’t have school on Fridays.  So they will  go tomorrow & then have the weekend…you would think that they would have the parade & bonfire tomorrow…but what do I know?
It’s been beautiful out here!! Totally love it.  It gets pretty damn chilly in the mornings though.  I didn’t sleep great last night, so going to try to take a nap.  I have more to write about later.